Home Forum Ask A Member 1949 QD-10 and sears boat

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    john8504
    Participant

I have a qd-10 that I have a couple questions about, a 60’s sears boat and a tall boy tank.

I haven’t ripped it apart to inspect yet, but I’ve heard the horrors of the 2-3 year old coils on these. I’ve also heard of some retrofitting newer style coils and making it work. Has anyone done this before?

The boat I picked up with this motor and really have no interest in. What would be the approximate value of this? 13ft v-hull in decent shape.

The tall boy tank has some rust on inside which I can clean out with some evapo-rust and then seal the inside. What are yalls tricks of the trade on this issue? There is no rust through and the metal is strong.

Not quite sure it won’t let me upload pics.

stanley
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I’ll leave the QD10 questions to the experts.As far as the boat goes,my first question is,does it have a title.Second question,does it have a trailer with a title?

john8504
        Participant

Neither. Just a boat. I guess it all depends on what part of the country it’s in. That would determine a lot about price

john8504
          Participant

Also the advance lever is broken. Anyone have a extra laying around?

Anonymous

Last year I got a Sears boat. It was one step from going to the scrap yard. It was made by Starcraft for Sears. It came with the manufacture’s paper of origin and bill of lading and the purchase receipt from sears and a paper from the original purchaser/owner signing ownership over to me. The price free.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.