Home Forum Ask A Member 1951 Scott Attwater 1-30 16hp

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    thumper
    Participant

Did this motor come with a 3 blade prop or a 2 blade prop? The manual shows 3 blade but the motor I’m looking at has a 2 blade?

hotrod
      Participant

The prop is a 9" X 9 1/2" 3-blade for all 1-30 models from 1950 through 1953 according to the 1956 Scott Atwater service manual, chapter titled: Section J – Outboard Motor Specifications. Also, Michigan sold props for these motors in 2-blade & 3-blade with the 2-blade props designated for light to medium weight boats. Early stock 509 props used 6 rubber tubing strips in the prop for ‘cushioning’ the shear pin. These can slip at speed and should be replaced with 6 round solid rubber pieces.

jeff-register
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

The 9.5" pitch is for the 10hp. I think it should have more pitch for 6 more hp.

retiredoz
          Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Michigan also sold a 9 1/2 X 6 1/2 (SAC 29 and SAC 30) three-blade for use on 14-17 ft boats.

thumper
            Participant

where would you find the solid rubber parts?

hotrod
              Participant

I would try McMaster-Carr. Their catalog is over 2000 pages of industrial supplies (that is where I buy brass wire cloth (screen) for fuel filters in mesh size 100 X 100 which means each square inch has 10000 holes).
                For example, they have super hard rubber rods in 1/8" to 2" dia, in 36" lengths plus many other different materials (nylon, delrin, etc).

thumper
                Participant

Thanks

jeff-register
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Can you post a photo of your 16hp? Really enjoy seeing it!! I stand corrected on the prop, thanks Oz!
                    Jeff

hotrod
                    Participant

Dixie Hamack has decals available including the one for the plexiglass window.
                      Here is a picture of the bowden cable adapter accessory for the 1-30 for using remote throttle:

thumper
                      Participant

Here she is!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.