Home Forum Ask A Member 1951 Scott Attwater 1-30 16hp

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    thumper
    Participant

Dixie Hamack has decals available including the one for the plexiglass window.

I would be interested ib that because the window in mine has a chip missing and is brittle. It will need replacement.
      Any contact info?

hotrod
      Participant

Dixie advertises decals in most of the recent Outboarder magazines. Her 1-30 decals are recently reproduced. She will have a booth at Tomahawk. Contact info for list or pics of decals: oldoutboarddecals@gmail.com

jeff-register
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

WOW what a beast!! If you ever want to sell it let me know. Tell us more about it. Great photos.

hotrod
          Participant

The 16HP models from 1950 to early 1952 have the speed indicator windows in the hood. The tower was aluminum colored from ’50-’52 but green starting in ’53. The speed indicator was moved to the tiller base in late ’52 and the window eliminated. There is a fuel pump on the side of the crankcase. The same water pump impeller is used from ’50-’54. Bristol Spline wrenches are the correct wrenches to remove the gearcase and other items (4 sizes) although Allen wrenches work if the bolt heads are not rusty or damaged. Tru-Ster controls were recommended on the ’50-’52 (& ’53-”54 ?) models for remote controls. There were a bunch of design changes in mid year 1952 and 1953 and 1954. So there are early ’52 3925 models, late ’52 3925 models, early ’53, late ’53, early ’54, late ’54 models. Parts books and the Scott Atwater service manual contain much info.
            The driveshaft began to have splines on both ends in ’52 and the length was changed. Before that, the driveshaft was made up of about 12 separate pieces pinned and riveted together and abuse would twist it or worse.
            I’ve been in the club 30 years and have never seen one of these models run at a meet yet. Here is a picture of my 509 gearcase and lower driveshaft. The top of this lower d’shaft is broken off where it was slotted. Needle bearings are numerous in the powerhead and 1 or 2 below the water pump.

r-delawter
            Participant

That is a nice picture with lots of information.

thumper
              Participant

Don’t know when i’ll get into her but I have become a firestone /scott collector from early 50’s

thumper
                Participant

the powerhead has 110 psi in both cylinders but coils are shot, might be a runner yet!

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.