1952 3 – 3.5 HP Evinrude

Home Forum Ask A Member 1952 3 – 3.5 HP Evinrude

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar jimk 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    savannahman

Replies: 2
    Topics: 1

I have a 1952 Evinrude that is in complete original condition. I messed up and washed it so paint and name stickers are faded. Can send picture. This motor belonged to my father until his passing in 1957. Has been in family ever since. It’s not frozen up, turns over pretty easy. Was told it had good compression, just no fire. If it has an ignition switch it might have fire as I haven’t used this since a kid and don’t remember. When passed back to me last year was told last time it ran was 3 – 4 yrs back. I will give this motor to anyone that would not use for parts, would also like to see a picture of it restored or running.

Raymond L Towles
    Savannah, GA

garry-in-tampa
    Lifetime Member
    Replies: 3204
    Topics: 30

That would be this 3.3 horse power Sportwin . . .

savannahman

Hi Garry, This motor is all one color and has gas petcock about 2/3 from front on left side facing the motor. I wil take pictures of it tomorrow and post them if I can. Thanks for the reply. Raymond

aquasonic
    US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 343
    Topics: 31

1952 Evinrude Lightwin

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Avatar aquasonic.
    Attachments:
    savannahman

Hi, You hit the nail right on the head. That looks just like mine. Is there a lot of these motors out there or just no one is interested in restoring one?
    Thanks, Savannahman

aquasonic
    US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 343
    Topics: 31

There are many of that model, but fewer of that particular year. Give it a little time. Someone will be interested.

jimk

Replies: 21
    Topics: 10

I have one just like it that runs great now. Wish you were closer. They are a sweet motor.

jimk

Replies: 21
    Topics: 10

All mine took was a carb cleaning,waterpump and coils!

Attachments:
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.