Home Forum Ask A Member 1953 Johnson 25HP

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    wyo307
    Participant

I have a couple of them. A 1953 RD-15 and a 1955 RDE-17 (electric starting). The RDE is MUCH quieter than the earlier model. I don’t mind though I like the noise, it turns heads as you go tearing by the yacht club :). Both are very strong runners and you will be happy with your purchase I think. Like others have said patients is the key to unsticking motors. Good luck and have fun!

David Jones
      Participant

Hello. I was doing some online research and came across the pic of you in the Old Town and it made me join the club. I have to know if you still have that boat because I have attached a pic of mine and they look very similar…
        That windshield I’ve on seen on mine, and now yours??

JOHN HOLBIK
        Participant

The difference between an old RD 25 and the newer 25s is throw 6 people in each boat and open the motors up the old RD will plane up and leave the new born 25 in its wake.But it will use a third more gas.At our resort we had a 53 Johnson 25 on a 17 foot Beckcraft plywood boat with a hydro plane floor we would loaded her up with 6 or 8 guys and all there gear food and duffle for the next 3 days to be spent in the outpost cabins and I will always remember the sound of her putting that boat on plane ,Good memories I started guiding at twelve years old and at 100 lbs I put many a man to shame carrying pack sacks and motors over the 1 mile long portage to the outposts.

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.