1954 Fastwin

Home Forum Ask A Member 1954 Fastwin

This topic contains 23 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar cliffp 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
    chris-p
    Canada Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 2469
    Topics: 157
    quote CliffP:

Hi Chris,
    ok, I had it as* backwards! I think it might be fine, other than the roller going off the end of the cam in the stop position,

pulled the intake airhorn off to verify the butterfly. and right, in neutral throttle is limited, ok , seems good, thought it would run away for my upcoming first start , Cliff,

Looks fine to me Cliff. As you found, the throttle is limited in neutral, that is why you need to shift to forward to get full opening of the butterfly.

Some motors have an adjustable idle stop, at the base of the tower, to prevent the roller from really coming off the cam. Your model does not. the wires there are normal, and the roller will come off the cam at the STOP position.

fleetwin
    US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 2713
    Topics: 33

Well, the throttle cam pick up adjustment won’t affect the position of the roller on this engine, the cam moves in and out to set the pick up.
    Again, I don’t think those wires are properly routed/clamped into the mag plate, which is why the roller seems to be hitting the wires and perhaps opening the butterfly a bit when the throttle is all the way retarded/in the stop position.

cliffp

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/aomcio5/public_html/wp-content/themes/monstroid2/bbpress/loop-single-reply.php on line 19

Replies: 9
    Topics: 1

thanks for the help guys, well I fired it up , runs good , I knew the impeller was toast so don’t cringe to much when you see the water level and no water spray, was very short runs full cool down between and only fuel bowl amount of fuel.

Cliff,

fleetwin
    US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 2713
    Topics: 33

Sounds good, she will be all set with a new impeller.

chris-p
    Canada Member - 1 Year

No problems there Cliff! Service the pump and get her on the lake.

Steve A W
    Steve A W
    US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 652
    Topics: 42

Cliff
    You need a bigger bucket.
    The cavitation plate should be under water so the pump will prime.
    Motor is sounding good.

Steve A W

Member of the MOB chapter.
    I live in Northwest Indiana

cliffp

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/aomcio5/public_html/wp-content/themes/monstroid2/bbpress/loop-single-reply.php on line 19

thanks guys, ya lol I know the "bucket" was marginal. what impeller fits this thing anyways? or a "upgrade" to newer impeller housing?
    4 bolt lower btw,,,

chris-p
    Canada Member - 1 Year

OEM 375638 or 775518 or Sierra 18-3002

PM me your email address and Ill send you a parts manual.

cliffp

thanks Chris, got the manual,,,,

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.