Home Forum Ask A Member 1954 Johnson 10

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jerry-ahrens
    Participant

US Member

I just picked up a pretty nice 1954 10 Johnson, at our swap meet. It has the regular cowl latches, just as all the 50’s clam shell cowlings do. It also has the two thumbscrews, that hold the front half on, like some of the 5 1/2s I’ve seen. Did all of the 1954 10 hp models have the thumbscrews? Or was this only on the 5 1/2s?
      Also, it seems I’m missing some sort of small metal cover that goes over the exaust outlet. What does it look like?

Steve D
      Participant

Yeah Jerry, the 54s had the thumbscrews and spring bracket and 55-58 had the recess in the front cover that accepted the pointy rubber bumpers. Not sure about the metal cover you’re referring to. If you’re talking about the side access cover #25 in the diagram, I have one of those I can send you.

Attachments:

jerry-ahrens
        Participant

US Member

Thanks Steve! I can see on the diagram that my motor has everything original. It looks like someone drilled and taped some holes around the exaust releif outlet, located on the midsection… not sure what that was for? My motor has new BRP points and new Prufex coils already in it. I’ll put up a couple pics today.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.