Home Forum Ask A Member 1955 Alumacraft Model F Transom Board Repalcement

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jerry-ahrens
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Now that winter is here, my son and I are continuing work on his model F. All the wood on the inner and outer transom boards is gone. There is enough of an outline left to make a template, so no worries there. My question is about the inner board. To get over the center knee brace, the new board will need to trimmed out, or routed out to fit flush. Was the inner board originally just cut out to go around the brace, or was it simply hollowed out to go over the top of it? I’ve done a couple Alumacraft boats with the Aquaduct transom, but never one of these, such as the model F, or R. I plan to go back with white oak, with the cork gasket and original truss head screws, etc.I’m sure somebody has done one of these ? Thanks for the input!
      I don’t remember who this boat belongs to, but would this inner board be like the original?

Attachments:

jerry-ahrens
      Participant

Here is the boat, you probably remember it..

Attachments:

ratrodz
        Participant

They are hollowed out. Be careful… there isn’t much left at the bottom… the brace is thickest there.

Bob Huff

bob-d
          Participant

Jerry, here is a shot of the transom board I made for my Alumacraft 14′ model A. I extended it down a few inches to provide more support. I still have the original if you need the dimensions.

jerry-ahrens
            Participant

Super, thanks for the replies. I see now that the hard part will be hollowing out the board to go over the transom brace. I’ll go slow and hope for the best! I’ll also be on the look out for a center deck for this one… it’s a 16th birthday present for my son.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.