Home Forum Ask A Member 1957 Sea King 25hp fuel mixture

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    brian-grigsby
    Participant

I just picked up a 1957 Sea King 25hp model GG9025A. What is the factory recommended fuel mixture for it? And also what would be the modern day mixture I could run with today’s modern two stroke oil? Thanks, Brian.

chris-p
      Participant

You will get a vast array of answers here, but I would stick with 24:1.

Some guy down your street will tell you he runs Amsoil at 100:1 or some nonsense. Please disregard statements like that. Good powerheads are getting harder to find! Don’t ruin yours. You most definitely will not ruin it by running more oil, only less. As you stated, modern oils are better, correct, which is why they foul plugs less. Doesn’t mean to run less oil though.

Just my 2 cents. Probably couldn’t buy a cracker with it though.

brian-grigsby
        Participant
          quote Chris_P:

You will get a vast array of answers here, but I would stick with 24:1.

Some guy down your street will tell you he runs Amsoil at 100:1 or some nonsense. Please disregard statements like that. Good powerheads are getting harder to find! Don’t ruin yours. You most definitely will not ruin it by running more oil, only less. As you stated, modern oils are better, correct, which is why they foul plugs less. Doesn’t mean to run less oil though.

Just my 2 cents. Probably couldn’t buy a cracker with it though.

Thanks Chris. Is this motor a bearing motor, or bronze bushings? Brian.

frankr
          Participant

US Member

It has all roller bearings EXCEPT for the wrist pin bushings in the small end of the connecting rods. For that reason, don’t compromise on the oil.

chris-p
            Participant

The crank has bearings, even center main is needle.

The big end of the connecting rod has needles, the wrist pin no. That would be the weak point.

EDIT: Sorry Frank beat me to it.

brian-grigsby
              Participant

Thanks Frank, and Chris. I’ll mix up some fresh fuel and give it a go. After I change the impeller. Brian.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.