Home Forum Ask A Member 1958 Oliver 16 hp lower unit bearings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jerry-ahrens
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

I’ve been making good progress on my winter project motor, an Oliver 16. I need to purchase both ball bearings in the gearcase, the rear propshaft bearing as well as the drive shaft bearing. I’m wondering if anyone has went through one of these and has found a source for the bearings? I haven’t looked yet, but thought I’d test the waters here first. Oliver Outboard Fixation doesn’t have any… Any help appreciated!

Attachments:

jerry-ahrens
      Participant

I got a NOS block From Oliverfixation, along with one new piston and both sets of rings. Should be the same as a new motor.The needle bearings on the rods were very difficult to get back in!

Attachments:

PugetSoundBoater
        Participant

Jerry- can’t you take the measurements off the existing bearings or a PN# off the race and go to an industrial bearing supplier and come up with a new one?
          Nice to see you are making progress on the 1958 16 hp!
          I will be giving mine the once over when the weather warms up. I gotta post some photos on " Member’s toys"
          Jim PSB

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
          Robbie Robertson

jerry-ahrens
          Participant

I’m sure that’s what I’ll have to do. I have the gearcase mostly apart, but need to make a spanner wrench of sorts to remove the driveshaft. I just thought I’d throw this question out there to see if anyone’s been through one of these. I’ts been a learning experience and a fun project.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.