Home Forum Ask A Member 1964 9hp West bend outboard

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    redlight212
    Participant

My Dad bought this outboard new and after many years of storage with no use I’m letting it go. Any idea what would be considered a reasonable price for this? I imagine it would be more for a collector and I’m just trying to determine the value, if any, this vintage outboard might have. Thank you.

seakaye12
      Participant

US Member

It would help if you gave us an indication of what part of the world you are in; someone here might want to make you an offer 🙂

Also…we love pictures! Post a few or supply a link to some. Can’t hurt 🙂

Do you think it would run? Are you interested in checking spark and compression? Not absolutely necessary but some folks are looking for a fixer and some want a running motor.

I guess you realize that the fuel for that is a gas/oil mix. Probably a 24/1 or 32/1…..somewhere around there would be good. TC-W3 Oil

redlight212
        Participant

I live just outside Vancouver Canada. Motor has been kept in shed, out of weather since the 90’s. Ran great last time I used it. (90’s) Always flushed and run dry of fuel after every use. I will send some pictures to interested parties.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.