Home Forum Ask A Member 1984 Yachtwin follies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    auldscott
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks to all for earlier replies to my questions about pulling the LU on this motor and determining yes/no on the O-ring.

It’s time to reassemble. The motor is a long shaft, neutral clutch. I am having difficulty with getting the driveshaft, water tube, and clutch pushrod lined up, with the biggest challenge being the water tube. I have tried it right side up, upside down, and horizontal. I have not tried using a long threaded rod to hold the extension casting in alignment. It has to be a simple matter. What am I missing? Thanks!

fleetwin
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

So this is a long shaft, I’m sure dealing with the extension is a pain. It’s been awhile since I have dealt with one of these things, but remember it was a pain indeed. The only thing I can think of that might help is trying to fashion some sort of guide for the shift rod….Perhaps trying a long pair of forcepts around the shift rod in between the gearcase and extension, then wobbling the shift rod around a bit until it “finds its hole”. Unfortunately, trying to align that shift rod is a blind operation indeed. This job is probably easier if you have an assistant helping out….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.