1986- 1992 9.9/15 tiller handle with cable

Home Forum Ask A Member 1986- 1992 9.9/15 tiller handle with cable

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• PugetSoundBoater

Replies: 900
    Topics: 105

i have a 1992 15hp to use for parts.Wondering if the tillers will fit a range of years,1986- ? The tiller handle on the later ones like this ’92 has the stop switch midway down the tiller handle. I looked at the exploded parts diagrams for this one and for the 1989 9.9 and 15 which i own. Looks like you could swap the complete tillers, just the stop switch got moved in the later years. the mounting bolts same PN# for both years.

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
    Robbie Robertson

fleetwin

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 4737
    Topics: 46

Yes, you could swap the complete tiller assembly between the 86-92….

PugetSoundBoater

Replies: 900
    Topics: 105

Fleetwin -thanks for the reply. That’s good news on the fitmentability( I just made that up).
    Jim PSB

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
    Robbie Robertson

outbdnut2

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 1705
    Topics: 91

I had a stop switch go bad on a 1991 15 HP (switch half way up the handle). The replacement switch assembly was around $100.00, so I mounted a generic kill switch on the front of the motor in a hole that was already there but plugged. A $10 replacement. I have an ’89 15 HP with the kill switch on the end of the tiller and when fishing/trolling every so often I bump it and the motor shuts off – bad location for a kill switch! I got 5 of these 15 HPs from that era that came from a failed resort really cheap – got three of them running perfect after a bit of TLC. ….and yes – as Fleetwin says, you can swap the cable tillers.
    Dave

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.