Home Forum Ask A Member 304098 OMC O-ring

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jerry-ahrens
    Participant

US Member

I’m working on a 57 Golden Javelin right now, and I need the O-ring that goes in the seal carrier on the lower end of the crankshaft. I show it to be a 304098. I can’t seem to find one anywhere. Anyone know the dimensions of that O-ring? Our local dealer usually has many OMC NLA parts, but no luck there either.

Mumbles
      Participant

I’m pretty sure, but not positive, that the 304098 O ring has been replaced by 302540, which measures 1 X 1 1/4 X 1/8. Then there’s the later square O rings to replace the round ones.

frankr
        Participant

US Member

Use 305098 Quad ring.

frankr
          Participant

US Member

OMC/BRP thinks those things are gold. Pay the postage and I’ll send you one free.

jerry-ahrens
            Participant

US Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I did end up locating one of the O-rings finally. Frank, I think I’ll order some of the quad rings you mentioned from Mcmaster Carr.. are they the ones mentioned in the other thread titled ”O-rings do we have a chart”? Thanks!

frankr
              Participant

US Member

I ordered 100 of them by size from mcmaster about ten years ago. Still have a lifetime supply. 1" x 1-1/4" x 1/8"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.