Home Forum Ask A Member ’55 Firestone remote setup?

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    jnjvan
    Participant

US Member

My set is very similar to Ken’s, but different. Mine both have equally long slots on top, marked SLOW-FAST, and FORWARD-NEUTRAL-REVERSE. The length of the slots is similar to Ken’s F-N-R box. The slots on the bottom are shorter, and do not have lettering. So, the boxes are not identical, at least in terms of the graphics.

John Van

ken-w
      Participant

US Member

That’s right, if you look at the parts pic you will see two different handles one for throttle and the other for shift.

davidk
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years
          quote FrankR:

I do think the shift and throttle boxes are the same, but one is installed “upside down”. That puts the long slot on top for one, short slot on top for the other one.

Ah….good design!
          -DK

ken-w
          Participant

US Member

If you look at the drawing, you will see two different handles. One for throttle and the other for shift.

davidk
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years
              quote Ken W:

If you look at the drawing, you will see two different handles. One for throttle and the other for shift.

I may have access to a box with no handle. Who’s go a pile of them?

davidk
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years
                quote Ken W:

Well, now I think the two different handles affect push or pull options. The pivot position determines if it’s push or pull.

Do some Scott motors have varying combinations of push and pull….to go forward faster?

My 55 Firestone needs pull for forward and throttle advance. I have two push levers.

I’d be glad to find that I have this wrong. Took me some mental gymnastics to get to where I am.

Attachments:

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.