Home Forum Ask A Member 58 Evinrude 35 Lark Gas Tank Issue

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Gary Richey
    Participant

Thank you for the very detailed guidance. A follow-up question – when I look at the parts diagram, it looks like the teensy o-ring fits on the outside of the housing (possibly just behind the conical end). But apparently not. The fuel valve pin assembly has two o-rings (the teensy one and one of the larger) and the air valve pin assembly has just the larger o-ring. Am I correct? I just ordered two core plugs so I can’t do the job until they come in. As I stated in my opening post, the fit between my new fuel line kit (hose /bulb/end connectors) is quite sloppy (as in loose) where it connects to the tank. Replacing the o-rings and core plugs will not change the loose fit (I don’t believe). The loose fit is OK? as long as it doesn’t leak air or gas?

frankr
      Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

The o-ring are accessed exactly as the diagram shows. Removing the core plug and pin & spring allows you to get the larger o-ring. Once the pin is out, you can remove the little brass washer and the little o-ring which is behind the brass washer.

I don’t expect a tight fit-up of the hose connector. Unless it is exceedingly loose, it is normal. If it is exceedingly loose, it is a worn-out or incorrect hose connector, not the tank fitting.

Gary Richey
        Participant

Thanks. I wish somebody offered a tank fitting rebuilding kit (all three o-rings plus the core plugs), as all parts are necessary to do the job.

Gary Richey
          Participant

Frankr – I’m doing the o-ring job on the fuel tank fitting/connector (thank you for the step by step directions) and I have a coupe questions. The small brass washer and teensy o-ring – I’m assuming they come out at their end (not pushed out thru the core plug end? Also, with the new o-ring in, the spring (and pin) don’t seem to want to go all the way in. The spring appears to be getting hung up on the o-ring and won’t reach it’s destination. I don’t want to try to force it. Ideas?

frankr
            Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

How can the spring get hung up on the o-ring? The spring doesn’t get anywhere near the o-ring. Put it together per the diagram.

Gary Richey
              Participant

You are right – thinking about about it overnight, I realized what I was doing wrong (even as my ears are still ringing from your response, but I deserved it!).

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.