Home Forum Ask A Member 65 Sportwin surging at high speed

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    dan-in-tn
    Participant

US Member

Dan here in TN. ME shows a 49D for the ’64 and ’66 model 9.5hp motors. For some reason it doesn’t run the list down far enough to show the ’65 model. .001 should not be enough to cause a problem, but I would be happier if it was on the rich side instead of lean. Especially with the change in fuels today. I have any jets you may need. I would be happy to send you a 49D and a 50D or 51D. I prefer to go up .002 with today’s gas. Just let me know what you need.

Dan in TN

willg
      Participant

US Member

Dan,

I’ll have to see what we have at the dealer and I’ll let you know if I need anything.

willg
        Participant

US Member
          quote johnyrude200:

Hey Will – did you buy a super fastwin from me (15hp) back at rocky hill? If so…have you put any good use to that box of carbs I gave you 🙂

Yes Joel,

I did buy a Super Fastwin from you at Rocky Hill. It’s going to be my next project. Not sure what box of carbs you are talking about though.

johnyrude200
          Participant

I thought your friend and I ‘donated’ a box of carbs leftover from my sales bin into your truck…well…maybe another lucky customer received them!!!!!!

I will have to pick your brain at the next swap meet we’re both at about etec’s, looking to further my knowledge base later in the year after the busy season.

willg
            Participant

US Member

No problem Joel about picking my brain on your Etec. Been super busy at work the past couple weeks rigging and prepping new boats, the past two nights I have left the shop at 7 pm.

johnyrude200
              Participant

I hear that, will look forward to catching up in CT later this month.

johnyrude200
                Participant
                  quote johnyrude200:

I thought your friend and I ‘donated’ a box of carbs leftover from my sales bin into your truck…well…maybe another lucky customer received them!!!!!!

FLEETWIN was culpable in this particular situation as well… 😮 😀 😆

fleetwin
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Yep, I sure was, got caught up in the whole last minute sales thing!

willg
                    Participant

US Member

Alright, looks as if 64-66 all use the same high speed jet, 49D. Mine has a 48 in it. We have 50D’s in the carb jet box at the shop, should I try one and see what happens?

cajuncook1
                      Participant

Was there some type of recommendation to what size jet to use regarding elevation above sea level or atmospheric pressure??

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 58 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.