Home Forum Ask A Member 959 Harters with 1958 35 hp Johnson and original trailer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    outboardnut
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
      Buccaneer
      Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Neat……….I instantly started humming the "Batman" theme.

Prepare to be boarded!

chris-p
        Participant

Ah I miss my old RDS.

wiscoboater
          Participant

That is a seriously cool boat. That old Johnson super silent is the first outboard I ever worked on. 33 years ago I got a super silent 35 for free from an old house I was rehabbing. I spent a lot of time and frustration figuring that thing out. I had it on the back of a 57 Feathercraft finned aluminum boat, 16 footer, blue anodized finish (I think it was anodized). If only a man could go back and reclaim all the cool stuff he did not value enough as a youth.

beerman57
            Participant

Long shaft? on that boat?

1-old-outboard
              Participant

Yeah, that is a great old boat!

And, it does look like a long shaft motor on a short transom. Hmm. Hard to tell, with that "interesting" trailer setup.
                I’d question the origins of that. Motor looked pretty clean, from a distance.

The hull is probably a Herter’s, not that I know.

I do love the tail lights, tho! Are those red and green, for turn signals?

jon-a
                Participant

the dual taillights on the back of the boat (one red, one white each side) were for trailering the boat- those were the trailer lights. totally invalid for water operation unless you somehow wired the whites to be extra stern lights

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.