Home Forum Ask A Member … Aaaaand I got another engine.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    thepetrolist
    Participant

Holy crap this hobby is addictive!

Earlier today I bought a 1963 Evinrude Sportwin 10 hp. One owner from new, been sitting since 1995. Not started in twenty years. Engine is not seized up, moves around well and seems to have good compression.
      I haven’t gotten round to inspecting it that good yet, since I’m still at work. That’ll be tomorrows task.
      Luckily, since I’m getting my living as a cabdriver, I get to drive around and look at engines while at work.. Just don’t tell the owner, haha. 😆

The engine seems to be all original and in a very good shape. Of course it’s a little patinaed but that’s the way I prefer them!

Pics tomorrow. I just had to share since I’m feeling like a kid at christmas 😀

Niko

phil-b
      Participant

Congratulations! 1963 may be the best year in terms of internals of the OMC 10HP models: it has fatter wrist pins, and the stronger version of the "4 bolt" gearcase (splined pinion gear, heavier teeth).

Mumbles
        Participant

Addictive? You don’t know how many times I’ve tried the twelve step treatment program and failed graciously.

After taking the oath to quit bringing motors home, I’ve adopted at least fifteen more in the last two months. Right now there’s a ’65 McCulloch 14 I found yesterday in the back of my truck. The poor thing was on it’s way to the smelter so I just had to step up and do something. It was too late for a Honda though.

Anyway, congratulations on the last year 10 horse Sportwin! You’re going to like it when you get it running good!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.