Aftermarket reeds on newer "classic" 1975 + motors

Home Forum Ask A Member Aftermarket reeds on newer "classic" 1975 + motors

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• PugetSoundBoater

Replies: 900
    Topics: 105

I saw a set of Boyesen reeds on ebay for a 9.9/15 ,part # B 122. Leeroys Ramblings mentioned those aftermarket reeds briefly in his articles. I googled this topic and came up with a outboard forum which discussed this brand and also CCM reeds(Chris Carson Marine) and TDR reeds .most of these are composite reeds. The forum responses mostly were discussing using these on larger motors .
    Was wondering if anyone has used these on a 9.9/15 or 25 hp, and your experiences.
    Thanks, Jim PSB

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
    Robbie Robertson

XR55

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 310
    Topics: 30

Bump. Sorry but I have not had to replace any reeds. Perhaps someone that races may respond.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by XR55.

fleetwin

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 4737
    Topics: 46

Yeah, I wouldn’t mess with these aftermarket reeds that are really meant for racing…..

PugetSoundBoater

Replies: 900
    Topics: 105

Once i read the article on scream and fly, i realized these are composite reeds and wear out. So you have to change them after so many hours. Not for me and my 9.9, 15. or 25. I was just curious as to members experiences with them.
    The thing that i did like was that if the do come apart, since they are composite, they will go through the motor and not do any damage, or thats what they claim. I have never had a problem with reeds breaking or distorting, so i won’t mess with them. Hope to keep it that way.
    Thanks, Jim PSB

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
    Robbie Robertson

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.