Home Forum Ask A Member Aluma Craft G

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    garry-in-michigan
    Participant

Lifetime Member

Model "E" Pick up from South West Louisiana . . . 😎

opposedtwin
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Also, the G had 2 flotation tanks. Has no tank under the seat in the front of the boat. Strange that it’s only rated for a 5 hp motor. Looks, from your photos, like it could handle more.

bill-loveland
        Participant

there’s a pic in a mid-nineties Outboarder of me running my G at a Tackaberry meet with a ’38 Fleetwin and two other adults in the boat.

‘course my wife would argue about whether or not we were really adults….

on an overloaded non-planing hull, I doubt the 8.5 hp performed any better than a TD Johnson would have.

patrickz
          Participant

The serial number for the Model G is on the front cap to the left of the blue AlumaCraft tag. I believe yours is G 1139. Mine is G 789, and AlumaCraft informed me it was a 1952 model. They also kindly provided a scan of the Model G page from the 1955 catalog that I will try to attach when I get back to my main computer. I also recall seeing a short paragraph in a 1950 issue of Motorboating on the introduction of the model. I can say the G rows surprisingly well, but I haven’t had mine under power yet except for a trolling motor. I also previously had a Model E, and I believe I prefer it over the G, but the G is more easily handled and fits fine in the back of a pickup bed.

twostroke
            Participant

Got this from Alumacraft this morning….

Hi Jim,
              Thank you for contacting Alumacraft customer service. Your model G boat with serial number 1139 was built in 1954.

Thanks,
              Alumacraft Customer Service Support

Nice of them to take time and do stuff like this that doesn’t make them $$.

I say "pardon me" a lot. I had a 20H, then raced open mod sleds.

westwind
              Participant

Canada Member

It is good advertising though, businesses spend a lot to advertise, so I think it’s money well spent.

fisherman6
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I must argue that good customer service is one of the best investments a business can make. It doesn’t make them money in that moment, but it does wonders for maintaining and expanding a loyal customer base which does make money. I have two Alumacrafts and I am definitely a fan.
                  -Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

patrickz
                  Participant

Hopefully this attachment will work.

And this link should take you to page 122 of the January 1950 issue of Motorboating magazine, where it is mentioned that the Model G and R being shown for the first time at the New York show:

https://books.google.com/books?id=zt4PI … 0g&f=false

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.