Home Forum Ask A Member Amsoil Interceptor vs marine rated oil

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    wescustogo
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I have a lot of Amsoil Interceptor oil leftover from my snowmobile days. Can I mix it and run it like tcw3 marine oil at 16:1 in my 50s omc motors?

The Boat House
      Participant

When I first started using Amsoil 49 years ago there was this one bottle for every application. I would suspect the biggest difference (if any) between the different applications today would be the label on the bottle. 3 0z. per. gallon is more than adequate and is what I run in my motors going back to the 1920’s. Tubs

Tom
        Participant

US Member

Is the oil you have designed for air cooled engines ?  Or for water cooled engines?  Some folks would say you need an oil designed for engines that operate at lower (water cooled) temperatures.

T

The Boat House
          Participant

In 1975 that 1 bottle of Amsoil was good for chain saws, snow mobiles, dirt bikes , outboard motors, anything 2 cycle, water cooled and/or air cooled. I ran out of the Pennzoil 2 cycle biodegradable synthetic last summer. Ive been using the Stihl biodegradable synthetic 2 cycle chainsaw oil for the last 5 weeks at 3 oz. per. gal. in 2-1929 Elto Folding Lightweight’s. It seem to put out a bit more smoke than the Pennzoil but otherwise it’s doing fine. Not a recommendation, just my experience. Use your best judgement. Tubs

The Boat House
            Participant

1929 Elto Folding Lightweight Twin Twin’s – Video Link – Tubs

https://youtu.be/at5Hlquxt00

wescustogo
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

It’s higher end oil for snowmobiles so likely for air cooled motors

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.