Home Forum Ask A Member anothe online “expert”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    fleetwin
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhDtMmGHZN8
      I don’t know much about “boats.net”, but would have expected something better….
      This 6hp water pump replacement video is a recipe for disaster, he doesn’t even get the impeller oriented correctly into the SS housing….

billw
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

That ol’ boy was purdy durn lucky that the broken screw came out with an EZ Out…..

Long live American manufacturing!

fleetwin
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

That ol’ boy was purdy durn lucky that the broken screw came out with an EZ Out…..

That part seemed “staged” to me….Or, perhaps that guy is the luckiest ever….Too bad he didn’t think to just remove the upper bushing housing to expose more of the screw shank so it could be removed with vice grips and a little heat.

frankr
          Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

The whole thing was staged on a junk motor. Incorrectly too. Be careful what you look at on the Internet.

kerry
            Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

I stopped the vid when he said that 1980 6hp was a 1969.

If you have too many, AND not enough, you're a collector.

need2fish
              Participant

The guy’s just doing to get page hits for the ads that are on his site….. parasite.

phil
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Boats.net looks like a business site to me….

http://www.omc-boats.org
                  http://www.aerocraft-boats.org

billw
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

That part seemed “staged” to me….Or, perhaps that guy is the luckiest ever….Too bad he didn’t think to just remove the upper bushing housing to expose more of the screw shank so it could be removed with vice grips and a little heat.

I was thinking that too but I didn’t want to come right out and say it.

Long live American manufacturing!

fleetwin
                    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Isn’t “Boats.net” a fairly big trusted site? Or, I am confusing this with another site. I usually avoid watching this stuff, but was lured in because Boats.net should be a “trusted site” with decent information. I just watched this guy’s video on cleaning the carb on this same 6hp, it was obvious that this well meaning guy had little experience with such a basic OMC carburetor.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.