anybody know about this kind of magnetron?

Home Forum Ask A Member anybody know about this kind of magnetron?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• seahuntboater

Replies: 76
    Topics: 46

Greetings.

I am reposting this here as a more general question since it might help others as well as myself.

Before I go ahead and try and just put in a coil retrofit I am wondering if there is any way to put in a magnetron ignition system that is the coil, points and condenser all in one.The kind with the little button . For example something like this picture concept but designed for under the flywheel (plates curved the other way) . Or is it possible to take something like this apart and then mount it on my old armature plates. Or could the ears on the picture example just be cut and angled the other way? By the way my flywheel has 2 sets of magnets 180 degrees apart. Does that mean it was a flywheel from 2 cylinder? Will the 2 sets be a problem? Does a spark just get wasted or will I need a coil for two plugs and ground out one connection?

Thanks guys for the help and advice

magnetron-example-1

need2fish

Replies: 281
    Topics: 15

Here’s my pointless-point: Stay as close as you can to original. The OEM parts have been optimized for your make and model .

I’ve never done a conversion, but I have played around with the “all-in-one” coils from Briggs and Tecumseh on my lawn tractor; trying to get some extra advance for higher rpm (I did manage to make my Sears tractor do a wheel stand). The coils have a built-in trigger; fixed in relation to the coil, which depending on the module may make positioning on the armature plate difficult, especially if you have to try different locations to get optimal performance. They’re great for motors that run in a narrow rpm range but may not be in keeping with fast acceleration or a wide rpm range. I’m sure it’s doable, but at what cost (not $).

I’d like to hear other opinions and experiences.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.