Anybody recognize these special tools?

Home Forum Ask A Member Anybody recognize these special tools?

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Avatar

    US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 686
    Topics: 225

    I got these in a grouping of special tools recently in an auction. Anybody recognize them and/or their use?





    • This topic was modified 8 months ago by MumblesMumbles.

    Canada Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 4483
    Topics: 432

    Looks like part of a bearing or sleeve remover?

    • This reply was modified 8 months ago by MumblesMumbles.

    US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 200
    Topics: 46

    Picture number 2 has a dark colored rod with a beveled end on it. It is a Chrysler flywheel removing tool. It is for the smaller motors that do not have the three holes tapped in the flywheel for one to use a flywheel puller. To use this tool, you place the square stock piece on the block and wedge it under the flywheel. The flywheel nut must be removed but not entirely from the threads. Leave the nut flush with the upper most thread. Now while pressing down on the rod, whack the flywheel nut with a brass hammer. The force of the tool lifting up against the flywheel should be enough to pop the flywheel loose from the taper on the crankshaft. Originally, there was a nut that was used to thread on the crankshaft and one used it as part of the flywheel removal tool.

    I have one of these tools and they do work. You don’t have to hit the nut very hard. Don’t take a 10 lb sledge and bugger up the nut/threads.

    I hope this helps, normal disclaimer is in effect, I assume no liability!


    US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 1086
    Topics: 14

    The last is a front stud from a merc KG9 lower

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.