Archimedes outboard

Home Forum Ask A Member Archimedes outboard

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
    wasko_bg

Replies: 9
    Topics: 1

Does some one can help me with information to restore outboard Arhimedes B23. Please.

Attachments:
    alber

International Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 37
    Topics: 2

Hi!
    Seach for batmotorsidan.se and look on top of the page for “filmer” there is a video with an Archimedes B-23 running

wasko_bg

Great video. Take a look at this

Who is Kees Alderdeen?
    Thank you M-r Alber about the answer. I thing I will try to rewound the coils, but I need a picture of block and information about the number(or resistanse- better) of the coils and the section of conductor. Yes I thing i can do this (I know that high voltage coil needs 0.1 mm and about 15- 20000 windings) but without exact information all coils can burn in short time. Ineeds also of fuel tank and I would like to know does the tank from other model is OK with mine and if you find yours wold you sell me. I needs of caps on spark plugs. And I whant to know does the carburateur flow is OK to be cork?

This is crash

This is crash

This is crash

Attachments:
    wasko_bg

I bought a new piston rings castom made from England and I will order a new gaskets for the heads but I dont know how mm should be. The older one is about 1.5 without copper
    The spark plug shold be Shampion L10 or similar from other manufacturer. The last start of the engine was more than 25 y with my father with 12v battery.

Attachments:
    wasko_bg

The number of the egine is 333 60.

wasko_bg

This is the number I found on the flyweel.

Attachments:
    wasko_bg

And this is a picture from the down side of plate with coils. I thing it s not original.

Attachments:
    wasko_bg

The ignition plate.

Attachments:
    Tubs
    Tubs

US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 2792
    Topics: 161

alber

Hi!
    Now I saw what number you looked at. That is the magneto number not the engine number.
    I shall look into my old records if I can go from back….. In the delivering books they start with the engine number and then were it is delivered, not always, and the magneto number.

I also noticed that the armature plate was machined to hold the coils ,that you had in the pictures ,wich are not original.
    Regarrds,

alber

Here comes o pic on the magneto

Archimedes-Magnet

Attachments:
    wasko_bg

So now the problem is are there similar replace coils for this magnet?

alber

I have found your motor in the old books

It is assembled at the 18 februari 1942 and the engine number are 41008. It is unknown to were it was sold.
    The best thing to do is to replace the armature plate with an original that have the correct coil windings wich shall be like the magneto in the picture I attached.

wasko_bg

I am traing to find something similar as this from your picture in Internet, but no sucses at the moment. There is one man in Holland I m trying to conect and ask about the plate. I thing that rhe plate from last 2 pictures is an original ?

alber

Yes that’s original but “destroyed” a little by machining.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.