Home Forum Ask A Member are these an example of the chinese coils?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    opposedtwin
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years
      jim-moffatt
      Participant

US Member

Yes – they use crimping to hold the laminations together rather than rivets. My limited understanding is that they are made in Tiawan not China.

joecb
        Participant

US Member

They look pretty enough, I guess only time will tell if they are any good. The staking vs rivets should not be an issue, as it’s the mounting screws that hold everything together.

Joe B

lloyd
          Participant

US Member

18 bucks is not even any cheaper than the good German Prufex coils I used to get from All Products Automotive. If we have to take a risk on these Chinese knockoffs, at least they should be a little cheaper than the well proven quality of the German coils. It will be years before we know if these Chinese coils are worth the price, or just more unreliable junk.

Anonymous

I still have 6 coils I bought from Jim. I will use them sparingly.

jon-a
              Participant

Lloyd- there you have the BEAUTY (sarcasm) of globalism- every time the manufacturing changes to Asian sweat shop economies for things like this, the price hardly goes down……

Walmart used to be completely MADE IN USA items back when Sam Walton was alive. They wasted no time going chinese when he passed and it’s not like the prices fell much or at all on most items

opposedtwin
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

that’s how the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. at this stage of the globalism (or more definitively, global capitalism), that process which you described above has a new casualty: the middle class. when the possibility of attaining or maintaining access to a "middle class" , revolution is inevitable. does 1% vs 99% ring a bell?

what I can’t understand is how time and time again, the rich don’t realize their greed and desire for more ultimately only hastens their very demise. smart enough to get the wealth but not smart enough to keep it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.