Bad batch at BRP? Fuel line parts; don’t assume

Home Forum Ask A Member Bad batch at BRP? Fuel line parts; don’t assume

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)

• joecb

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 906
    Topics: 92

calan, what was on the package ? " Made in XXX" where? I’ll bet China…. just sayen’

Joe

rudderless

Replies: 159
    Topics: 5

Ya..got tired of connector leaks myself. So I went to my plumbing store and bought a Delta lavatory extension. It had a male and female fitting on it for extending standard lav supplies. I cut off the crimp and removed the fittings. The fittings are 3/8 by 1/4 insert. They don’t stop when disconnected but no issue for me. Use a 3/8 compression by 1/4 or what ever the thread size is on the tank. I did put a stop on the tank since the lav fittings don’t have a stop in them…and it cost me 3.50$

Alan

Replies: 96
    Topics: 55

JoeCB; I’m not sure about the exact labeling of the packages, other than they had the BRP letters and logo. Made in China? Quite possibly.
    Rudderless; I appreciate your info! I’d kicked around the idea of bypassing these fittings, but hadn’t gotten any farther. I’ll check out the hardware store options, (with caution. I know fuel lines and fittings are important and not to be played with).
    I still think the fittings I got were the wrong size, and will report back if I can get some actual measurements.
    Many thanks to all.
    Alan

RICHARD A. WHITE

Lifetime Member
    Replies: 1840
    Topics: 140

Wonder if a tool like what I make for the 2 line tank would allow the o-ring to be replaced in these plastic units??

I have some fittings at home. looks like time to experiment…LOL

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
    classicomctools@gmail.com

fisherman6

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 1702
    Topics: 34
    quote Richard A. White:

Wonder if a tool like what I make for the 2 line tank would allow the o-ring to be replaced in these plastic units??

I have some fittings at home. looks like time to experiment…LOL

I have wondered this too. Please report back, Richard.
    -Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

rmhxruss

Replies: 145
    Topics: 6

To replace the O-ring in plastic units use a paper clip bent with a hook. Have done many this way.

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.