Ben Johnson Posing with Outboard Motor

Home Forum Ask A Member Ben Johnson Posing with Outboard Motor

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar chris-p 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    chris-p
    Canada Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 2469
    Topics: 157

I bought out the collection of an elderly gentleman that worked at the Peterborough Plant for OMC back in the day.

In his collections, was a box of negatives, showing athlete runner Ben Johnson posing with different outboards. Must have been a promotional thing. After searching the old interweb though, cannot seem to find anything regarding this? Anyone remember seeing any advertising like this?

I would post a picture of what I have , but have never had one developed. I will, and will post once I do.

kevinrude
    kevinrude
    US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 319
    Topics: 97

Could be the scandal occurred before the ads ever ran? MIght make it one-of-a-kind?

jw-in-dixie

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/aomcio5/public_html/wp-content/themes/monstroid2/bbpress/loop-single-reply.php on line 19

Replies: 374
    Topics: 24

Which Ben Johnson was that and what was the scandal? Thx ā“ ā“

wedgie

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/aomcio5/public_html/wp-content/themes/monstroid2/bbpress/loop-single-reply.php on line 19

Replies: 966
    Topics: 94

Canadian Olympic sprinter busted for steroid use. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Johnson_(sprinter)

Ken Smith
    Ken Smith
    Canada Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 25
    Topics: 6

I remember the ads well. They were in alot of the weekend magazines that the newspapers put out at the time.As I recall they were put out just prior to the Olympics and quickly dropped after the steroid scandal.

chris-p
    Canada Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 2469
    Topics: 157

Great thanks Ken. Now to find these ads to go with the negatives!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.