Home Forum Ask A Member Big Twin Quad Ring

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    chris-p
    Participant

Does anyone have a source for quad rings, as found in the carbon seals on the cranks?

For example 305098 for the 35hp? I would buy in bulk.

Mumbles
      Participant

If you buy a bunch of them, I could use a couple to.

frankr
        Participant

US Member

Mcmaster part number 90025K347, dash-214 Buna N. Yeah I know now you are going to mention shipping to Canada. How many do you want? I have at least 50-60 on hand.

beerman57
          Participant

Are the carbon seal Orings special? For late 50’s to early 60’s 10hp motors. I thought they looked kind of flat, but these were original. I thought maybe they just flattened out and got stiff. The ones that don’t seem stiff appear round. I planned on assembling a QD19 powerhead Wednesday, but I sure don’t want to use the wrong Orings #301967.

chris-p
            Participant

Beerman, they are called quad rings, as they are squared on 4 sides to allow for a better seal. The quad ring was an upgrade I believe over the original round o ring. I have used the original o ring before when I had no quad rings on hand.

Frank, that is great thanks for the number. I wonder if Mcmaster will ship to my US postal box at the border. Let me try that first, but sure do appreciate the offer to sell some of them! Thanks Frank.

beerman57
              Participant

Chris, checking McMaster’s product detail, those Orings are good up to 250 degrees but the #6540 series Orings are good up to 400. Is 250 degrees max enough?

chris-p
                Participant

Oh yeah, if the motor is running more than 250 there are gonna be some serious problems worse than burning out the quad ring! lol

Im going to put together a McMaster order, Mumbles I ll send you a few too!

I want some of their Phillister head screws, stuff like that as well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.