Birthday Present Chrysler

Home Forum Ask A Member Birthday Present Chrysler

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)

• bullie

Replies: 416
    Topics: 57

A friend at church gave me this little Chrysler for my birthday. I believe it is a 1968 Model. I can’t find a parts diagram for it. Anyone have some info? I can find stuff on later models but not this one. Model 303.

Can’t figure out how to post pics on the new site…

cajuncook1

Replies: 842
    Topics: 72

Bullie, I have a good service manual i can send you but I don’t know how I could send it to you without you exposing your email address. PM is not available yet.

If you have access to the old green boards, then can put your email there and I can send it to you.

Cheers,

Cajun

bullie

I guess it will be ok if my email address is on here. Some African prince has it already and is gonna send me a bunch of money. When he does I am gonna get a new email.

bulliedawg2 at yahoo dot com

cajuncook1

Bullie, I just sent the manuals to your email address via http://www.transfer.com. You will receive the email down load link and your good to go!

cheers,

cajuncook1

bullie

Thanks Cajuncook. Those will come in really handy. I was making a mistake with the carb settings. Great info.

bullie

Thanks for info. With some new parts from Franz’s Marine I was able to get her going. I had the throttle set too low when I started it up. It sounds a bit better when set correctly. Just a little tuning on a boat and I think it will be a great runner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K51Dm9ZY9Ao

bullie

While on this subject, I was using 16/1 mix from my OMC’s when working on this motor. Should I set aside a “special” gas can for 16/1 mix with “air cooled” oil for this motor or will it be ok with the TC-W3 oil? Not a big deal to get a dedicated gas can but its cluttered enough with 8/1, 16/1, 24/1, 40/1, 50/1, 100/1, and pure gas tanks…and sometimes several of each.

cajuncook1

You need to use a 2cycle oil intended for air cooled motors. The air cooled motors operate a higher running temperature and TWC3 is not intended for air cooled motors. Your motor has an impeller, but it is used to cool the base of the motor as well as the exhaust leg. By doing this it prevents the radiating heat from over heating the power head.

16:1 ratio is an excellent fuel to oil ratio for your motor. Improved lubrication will provide longevity to your motor and keep its owner happy!!

Stihl makes a good Two cycle air cooled oil.

Your motor looks and sounds great!! Cool present!!

Cheers,

Cajuncook1

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by cajuncook1.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by cajuncook1.

Buccaneer

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 7495
    Topics: 1072

I see a resemblance to my little air-cooled, 1956 West Bend 2hp

Prepare to be boarded!

PugetSoundBoater

Replies: 900
    Topics: 105

I was looking the color of the lower cowling of your West Bend, couldn’t come up of a name for the color.
    Guess it is a cross between peach and the color of a Band Aid . I think it also was an automobile color back then.
    🙂

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
    Robbie Robertson

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.