Home Forum Ask A Member Bolt size for OMC puller 307636?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    johnyrude200
    Participant

This is the common universal puller used by OMC for decades, even still used today by BRP.

My bolt head has finally stripped out enough where it needs to be replaced. I’ve already ground it down a few times to flatten the 6-way flats, but the bolt is just expired. All those V6’s with 150 ft-lbs of torque sitting for 40 years finally beat this puller bolt! (That, and other people over-torquing flywheel nuts…..)

What size bolt and thread count does it use?

frankr
      Participant

US Member

You mean the center bolt? The part number for it is 307637, if you can find one. Really would be nice if you could, because of the flat end with a pilot point. Otherwise, I’ll sit here and guess it is a 3/4″ fine thread. I could go out to the shop and look, I suppose.

johnyrude200
        Participant

they are for sale on Ebay for about $30.00 (includes shipping). I believe they are reproduction bolts but have the point at the end to center on the crank recess.

Purchased one already and is in the mail. I guess I’ll know fairly quick if they are ‘up to snuff’ for the beating they take each day.

frankr
          Participant

US Member

Well, I’ll be a ?…….Who would have thought to look on e-bay for that? johnnyrude, I guess.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.