British Anzani Minor

Home Forum Ask A Member British Anzani Minor

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)

• Terry Oemke

Replies: 5
    Topics: 1

Hey guys ran across this motor and don’t know anything about it. Any idea of a fair offer to make on this thing? Any other info you might have would be great as well. Thanks for your help. I have tried to not much avail to find any info on this thing.

garry-in-michigan

Lifetime Member
    Replies: 3583
    Topics: 31

That is, sorry – was Rod Champkin’s baby. (Rod passed away October fifth) He attended our Florida meets with his British outboards and always included a Minor. It was Englands answer to our Evinrude Mate / Elto Cub.

garry-in-michigan

Lifetime Member
    Replies: 3583
    Topics: 31

P.S.

Terry Oemke

Great link thank you for that. I need to buy that book and have been meaning to for a while. Obviously condition is everything, and value is up to whatever anyone wants to pay. I just don’t want to offend the guy with an offer. I paid $350 for my cub which seems a little rarer (at least in my novice collector’s opinion). If I offered $350 is that fair do you think? For what it’s worth, it looks brand new practically.

I am very sorry to hear of Rod’s passing.

Terry Oemke

Can anyone share their experience with buying this motor or is it just not something many people have?

rapier

Replies: 118
    Topics: 29

Apologies this is a month or so later, but the only comment I will make is the Minor is such low hp that the few I’ve come across and tried to run have been quite worn out. Often will run out of water, but not under load. Very pretty, spares availabilty is poor (even in UK) and is more worthwhile polished up in a man-cave. The Pilot can have similar issues.

Terry Oemke

Thanks for the input! I doubt it will see water. I had to get it as this thing is the nicest original motor I have ever seen. It ran 15 years ago and it was drained and put on a wall. Supposedly the original seller’s dad took immaculate care of it while he owned it. Judging from the condition, I can vouch for that. I will run it once to say I did, and then put it on a wall as well. Still curious to see what it would be worth though. There aren’t enough around that I have seen to get any research.

squierka39

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 610
    Topics: 34

Terry, can we see a picture? Sounds nice.

Terry Oemke

Here are a few.

2D1AC143-CED4-48F9-8EA7-B1812573F1AC

D6B35B2C-071E-44F3-89BE-C7335471C20A

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by seakaye12.

Terry Oemke

I removed the top piece where the starter rope connects to check out the coil and forgot to replace it, but it is complete.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.