bypass cover for a Johnson AD-10

Home Forum Ask A Member bypass cover for a Johnson AD-10

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)

• todd281

Replies: 120
    Topics: 52

it needs rebuilding, gaskets and such. Mostly its missing the two line connector , and so far the $s on them are crazy . I am cleaning and working on it , keeping a eye peeled for the connector and parts. But that’s on the back burner , first the motor.

RICHARD A. WHITE

Lifetime Member
    Replies: 1840
    Topics: 140

Ahh, like Bendix points, we tend to hoard those connectors..

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
    classicomctools@gmail.com

todd281

yep. I hoard everything , I have powerheads in the shop , no idea what they fit but I’m keeping them in case…. Not sure if I should post in another thread but on this AD-10 can some one tell me if that “Holiday Bronze” was a metallic / flake paint or gloss semi-gloss paint?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by todd281.

todd281

think its time for a impeller ..

impellor

before1

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Mumbles.

Mumbles

Replies: 5764
    Topics: 298

About twenty years ago, before I had even heard of this club, I mounted a small square fuel pump on a ’57 Fleetwin 7.5 horse but I went about it a bit differently. It was mounted directly on the crankcase while the motor was apart. Everything was threaded and epoxied to hold it in place and it tucks away nicely on the starboard side.

The motor is in storage so I should go and try to get some photos of it to help explain what I mean. Back then I didn’t have any digital cameras and I never got any Kodachromes of it.

frankr

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 6715
    Topics: 51

There were at least three colors of Johnson “Holiday Bronze”. Several years ago, I found a Duplcolor / Ford color that was a reasonable match for my ’56 Johnson. Sorry, I lost the Duplicolor number. Don’t even have the motor any more.

todd281

Yea, I see the different shades of Holiday Bronze for the three years but I can not really tell if they are metalic [the kind with the flakes in it ] or just a kinda burgandy in color. Looking at my motor whats left of it has some sparkle to it but that might be from the aluminum oxidation and the bird droppings. I would like to get it close to OME I was looking at the ford duplicolor also there is a honda color that’s sorta close if it was indeed metalic paint.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by todd281.

fisherman6

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 1702
    Topics: 34

All the Holiday Bronze shades were metallic paints. The 1958 was the lightest of them and the most obviously metallic. The flakes are VERY fine.
    -Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

todd281

I decided to use dupli-color chevy red, I will post more pictures when it is done.

powerhead1

todd281

Here are some pictures of the cover with the pump mounted. thanks to all for the advice

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.