Cannot Delete old PM’s

Home Forum Ask A Member Cannot Delete old PM’s

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 26 total)

• dougs-outboards

Replies: 110
    Topics: 9

Anybody else having no sucess at deleting old PM’s?

I know the drill, go to your PM page, scroll down hit the arrow and when I do, the "mark or unmark as important" feature come up, but no amount of waiting/loading will bring up the delete feature.

I have 50 old messages (storage capacity maxed out) stored and cannot get my new messages til they are deleted. The new ones are on hold til then.

Apologies to those that have PM’d me and got no response back- I can’t read them, they are in limbo right now. Don’t know who they are from or what they say.

I have an email into mgmt, but still waiting for a response.

Thanks,

Doug

The Boat House

Replies: 4550
    Topics: 111

There is another way.
    Open the PM and click on the X.

frankr

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 6715
    Topics: 51

I just deleted a raft of them from mine. Check the box to the right of the message list, then click on the mark or unmark box, then click on the delete choice in the drop-down box that appears. It will ask for confirmation, and a yes answer makes them go poof!

billw

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 2071
    Topics: 66

I can delete my PMs okay but can’t delete my notifications. (Maybe if I could remember to put my name and number in my classified ads, I wouldn’t HAVE any. Lol.) SHOULD I be able to delete them?

Long live American manufacturing!

dougs-outboards

Sorry so slow to respond, been sick all weekend with the creeping crud, on the mend now.

Tubs, see in your pic where your reply to me above has the 3 choices including the "X"?

Now look at my post, in your post right above that, I have no "X" available to me to hit, only the two other choices, no matter how long I wait.

Frank: On mine, there is no box to the right of the message list to check. I actually have an email into mgmt for them to go into my account and make them go poof, but no response yet. That would be sweet.

Question for you internet savvy guys. I guess I should have mentioned this before. I am running a 2006 Dell, XP with windows 8 (unsupported browser). Sometimes I get "certificate errors" telling me to "upgrade to a different browser as some features may not come up".

I would like to upgrade but I am still on dial up internet, (because of my older phone lines I am usually hooked up at 24,000 mbs on a 78,000 mbs modem) and the upgrade takes 24 hours to download, and my internet times out way before 24 hours and says "page cannot be displayed".

I have checked out every form of high speed internet service and none are available in my immediate area. 🙁

Yeah I know time to buy a new computer with upgraded browser, at least it would work for my purposes, but sloooooooooow. This computer is not mine, but on loan from the inlaws, and they have a lot of stuff on it too, so wiping the hard drive and installing windows 7 or 10 is not feasible.

This is almost as frustrating as working on a Merc (spit) …. 🙂

Thanks for any help you guys.

Mumbles

Replies: 5764
    Topics: 298

Doug, go to your inbox and open a Personal Message you want to delete. Click on the X shown and the PM will be deleted.

You will have to do them one at a time this way but it works.

Attachments:

dougs-outboards

Mumbles please see my response to tubs same suggestion above. I have no x only the quote and exclamation point when I go in to delete an email. No x at all. Have tried to delete individual PM’s, but no x is displayed. I am downtown on my new kindle fire on wifi and still the x feature does not come up. OK risking a lynching here but I must reveal a dark secret… I have been on aomci almost daily since 2001, but sadly I am not a member yet. (Hanging head in shame)… Maybe deleting is not an available feature to me as a non member?. I should join anyway, never seen the inner sanctum and such. Think I will.

Mumbles

Replies: 5764
    Topics: 298

Is anyone else seeing the X in their PM messages or is it just me?

garry-in-michigan

Lifetime Member
    Replies: 3583
    Topics: 31

I don’t see an X, but I do have a way to delete messages. . . 😉

PugetSoundBoater

Replies: 900
    Topics: 105
    quote Mumbles:

Is anyone else seeing the X in their PM messages or is it just me?

I got X’s works fine.i Have no problems at a all..amazingly. 😀

I just got off the phone with Doug. He is going to call Travis. His computer is older with an older software, and is on Dial-up,can’t imagine that would be the source of his problems. He is also an unpaid member ,can’t imagine thats the problem.
    He tried his new Kindle on Wi Fi at a local restaurant,still no X’s for deleting. Very Weird deal.

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
    Robbie Robertson

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.