Home Forum Ask A Member Cannot Delete old PM’s

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Mumbles
    Participant

After doing some searching, I believe it is a permission setting which is causing the problem. The site Administrator or Webmaster will have to check on this.

wagemaker
      Participant

No X on mine either. I use the same method Garry uses.

retiredoz
        Participant

US Member

Mine’s Xing just fine. Just have to open the message to get it.

PugetSoundBoater
          Participant

Don’t take my red X away. If i loose it i may never see it again. 😀
            EDIT

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
            Robbie Robertson

dougs-outboards
            Participant

Garry, in your pic it shows the delete feature drop down along with the Mark/Unmark as importlant. Mine NEVER does show the delete feature no matter how long I wait. I get only the "Mark/Unmark as important" feature, and no delete feature.

Also if I open up the PM, there is no "X", only the exclaimation point and the quotes.

I am beginning to think it’s my exporer 8 (that is unsupported now) doing this.

I also cannot get on any part of Craig’s List anymore, just goes to "page cannot be displayed". Cannot look at boats in the boat section, or any other section, but can bring up the home page with all the choices on it.

Pop up’s keep telling me my browser is not supported anymore and to up grade to a newer browser like firefox, which is is impossible for me now on dial up. Takes 24 hours and times out to the "cannot be displayed" page way before 24 hours is up. (No pop ups on aomci, only CL and other sites when I am surfing the web).

Thanks everyone for your concern and trying to help. I have to go to Portland today, but will try to find time to call Travis and see if he can work his magic and make my PM’s disappear for me…

PSB, thanks for the phone call yesterday!

Mumbles
              Participant

Doug, check your gmail. 😎

Also try doing a search to see if you can download a free version of Windows 10 still. It’ll rock your world!

kees
                Participant

International Member - 2 Years
                  quote Mumbles:

Doug, check your gmail. 😎

Also try doing a search to see if you can download a free version of Windows 10 still. It’ll rock your world!

be careful please, when I did, I ran into a lot of trouble
                  I use windows 7 , and can delete posts both ways here described

btw
                  Garry’s explanation with that image is perfect, I knew it already, but to find out how and what to do, when you have
                  no clue ………well it certain take some time to figure it out.

wedgie
                  Participant

Downloading windows 10 over dialup would take forever.

Sometimes clearing your cache/ cookies will fix things. If you havent already, re- booting your computer will often fix things too.

Anonymous
                      quote Dougs Outboards:

I am beginning to think it’s my exporer 8 (that is unsupported now) doing this.

Doug, I’d venture to say that it has nothing to do with your system. I’ve got windows 10 🙄 and a current browser and high speed internet and I am having the same problem you are. I’ve tried all the various options that have been thrown out and none have worked.
                      Kirk

kees
                      Participant

International Member - 2 Years

"Doug" and "kirkp" are no registered members here.
                        is that the problem here ???

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 26 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.