Home Forum Ask A Member Carb kits

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    wrenchero
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Hello.i have a 1963 40hp evinrude 40353d.what is the correct carb kit for this engine.where do I find the listings for carb kits for 50’s and 60’s johnson and evinrude . It doesn’t seem to be in the parts manuals.

mn

avery-omc-parts
      Participant

Carb. kit is 439074 for your 40hp

dan-in-tn
        Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

You find the part numbers in the OMC Parts and Accessory manual. I have a 2006 copy. The part number given is correct.

Dan in TN

wrenchero
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thank you.is that parts and accessory manual easy to find

mn

frankr
            Participant

You can also use the back-door approach and look up the Sierra number, then look at their "replaces OMC*****" number.

dan-in-tn
              Participant

The back door approach Frank mentios works. EBay has them, but you have to know what you are looking for. The sales brochure is what you are looking for primarily, not the parts book one. In this case I would want one a little newer. I have a 2003. That is new enough to have most of the latest part numbers. You can always go to Marine Engine.com and SS to the latest part number. They usually give you the Sierra number option also. I really like OMC/BRP carb. kits because they have all the parts included in the kit of the best quality.

BTW: With one of these books you get all of the impellers, water pump kits, tune up kits, fuel pump kits, etc. So you are not just getting one thing, but all of the parts and accessories for all of OMC engines of the day.

Dan in TN

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.