Home Forum Ask A Member carb maker

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    hydrojet
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Like to know who makes carburetor for Evinrude Elto 4252-00430, where to get parts if needed. thanks

garry-in-michigan
      Participant

Lifetime Member

It is a Tillitson MD carburetor – Parts available from OMC/BRP dealers. . . 😉

garry-in-michigan
        Participant

Lifetime Member

My error – wrong motor – need new glasses – 😳

That 1938 Elto Pal – Evinrude Ranger carburetor was made by Evinrude and many parts are no longer available new. Some are found on parts motors, some improvised or adapted from other outboards. This is what I have. . . 😕

Torque specs are same as Sportsman –

mike-stroz
          Participant

I’ve got most of a carb off a Ranger that I robbed the float and the pin it sits on for me Elto Pal, but it’s otherwise complete if you need it.

hydrojet
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks guys, all I could see is Number 95146. It is a 1938 ranger.4252-00430. Nice and clean tried to find name just in case good spark cleaning tank now. Thanks again.

hydrojet
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

thanks my carb is ok I think going thru it now, thanks if I need it I know where u are.

hydrojet
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Cleaning fuel tank, not real dirty inside. however fuel valve not a lot coming out. I want to cleanout, removed petcock still not clean. I put a small adjustable on it turned didn’t want to force it, a little heat. I couldn’t find specs in any diagrams Help please ?

Randy in Tampa
                  Participant

don’t think you want to use heat on a fuel valve 😉 sometimes you just have to put a little pressure on them to get them loose

quote hydrojet:

Cleaning fuel tank, not real dirty inside. however fuel valve not a lot coming out. I want to cleanout, removed petcock still not clean. I put a small adjustable on it turned didn’t want to force it, a little heat. I couldn’t find specs in any diagrams Help please ?
                    hydrojet
                    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks Randy for reply so quick. I was worried it might break threads. I couldn’t see what it looks like. A filter or just clogged up. would u have a diagram of a pal maybe. also if it comes out easy, what sealer would I put back on it. thanks Mike

garry-in-michigan
                      Participant

Lifetime Member

The filter is in the bottom of the carburetor. Undo the packing nut on the shutoff valve under the fuel tank and unscrew the handle. It may show you the stoppage. The shut off valve uses a pipe thread into the tank. A fuel proof sealer should be used their. Regular tightening may put the shut off handle in a awkward position. The sealer gives you leeway to put it at the proper angle. . . 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.