Home Forum Ask A Member chris craft challenger cowling removal front control removal .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Quivira
    Participant

US Junior Member

Hello, my name is Griffin my father has purchased a Chris craft challenger outward motor.   I was wondering, if any of you knew how to remove the smaller frontal controls?  We removed all of the larger screws, but we do not know how to take off the small frontal controls that pass through the cowling.  Any advice provided would be greatly appreciated thank you for your time. G

seakaye12
      Participant

US Member

It looks like the low and high speed shafts are threaded at the outer ends.  Is there a nut holding the knobs on?  If you have the side cowlings removed you will see how the choke shaft connects.

challenger_carburetor

seakaye12
        Participant

US Member

Lee Holland’s old website was abandoned after Lee passed away but it can still be accessed here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200511123301/http://www.chriscraftoutboards.com/

Some parts diagrams and the like are still up.

Quivira
          Participant

US Junior Member

Thank you for the quick response.  I bet you are correct in that the knobs unscrew.  Is there a pdf of a service manual?  I did not see one on Lee’s site.

Buccaneer
            Participant

US Member

Thank you for the quick response.  I bet you are correct in that the knobs unscrew.  Is there a pdf of a service manual?  I did not see one on Lee’s site.

I don’t believe there was ever a pdf manual on Lee’s site.
              All I got from there in the past were some individual parts
              pages, and not great quality.

Prepare to be boarded!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.