Chris Craft Challenger

Home Forum Ask A Member Chris Craft Challenger

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar lloyd 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • szaniszlo43
    szaniszlo43
    US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 2
    Topics: 2

I ‘m started to work on a Chris Craft Challenger, can’t find the S/N on it, also I need a coil only one cylinder fires. Can someone tell me where the S/N is on it, and where can I get a coil for it? Also where can I get a owners / repair manual, The owner asked me if I could make it, to look like showroom new.

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by Mumbles Mumbles.
    Attachments:
    mercuryman
    mercuryman
    US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 338
    Topics: 121

Points are the main problem when you have no spark. The CC uses a Bendix coil so you have a problem if the coil is bad, not made anymore and hard to find. There was a Chris Craft web site with parts and manuals.

szaniszlo43
    szaniszlo43
    US Member - 2 Years

Thanks, after I had posted my question I did end up finding the web site on it. Thanks again mercuryman.

lloyd
    US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 95
    Topics: 0

I have a choice original Challenger that I mechanically restored some years ago. I think i still have some new Bendix coils in my shop. They were always harder to find and more expensive than OMC coils.

szaniszlo43
    szaniszlo43
    US Member - 2 Years

How much for a set of 2 may I ask?

Tubs
    Tubs
    US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 2168
    Topics: 124

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Tubs Tubs.
    lloyd
    US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 95
    Topics: 0

I will have to check in my shop to see how many I have and what I paid for them and what the shipping would cost. If you are interested to pursue this possibility, call me by phone 231-929-7479. Still lots of snow here. I haven’t been in my shop in the last 4 months. or lautharr@sbcglobal.net

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.