Home Forum Ask A Member Chris Craft Challenger

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    szaniszlo43
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I ‘m started to work on a Chris Craft Challenger, can’t find the S/N on it, also I need a coil only one cylinder fires. Can someone tell me where the S/N is on it, and where can I get a coil for it? Also where can I get a owners / repair manual, The owner asked me if I could make it, to look like showroom new.

B803F7FD-A58E-4103-90E5-B96EDC6F90A3

• This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Mumbles.
      mercuryman
      Participant

Points are the main problem when you have no spark. The CC uses a Bendix coil so you have a problem if the coil is bad, not made anymore and hard to find. There was a Chris Craft web site with parts and manuals.

szaniszlo43
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks, after I had posted my question I did end up finding the web site on it. Thanks again mercuryman.

lloyd
          Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

I have a choice original Challenger that I mechanically restored some years ago. I think i still have some new Bendix coils in my shop. They were always harder to find and more expensive than OMC coils.

szaniszlo43
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

How much for a set of 2 may I ask?

The Boat House
              Participant

lloyd
                Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

I will have to check in my shop to see how many I have and what I paid for them and what the shipping would cost. If you are interested to pursue this possibility, call me by phone 231-929-7479. Still lots of snow here. I haven’t been in my shop in the last 4 months. or lautharr@sbcglobal.net

jwyland
                  Participant

Hello, I would very much appreciate any help in finding a source for two parts for my 1953 Chris Craft Challenger outboard. Original part number for the two coils is 10-38222Y and the two Lead-High Tension wires is 10-52370. My buddy that is helping me restore my motor thinks Mercury parts may be compatible. The spark plug wire part numbers are: M30-207 and M30-208. There are two because one wire is longer than the other. The coil part numbers are: KD4-2 and KD4-3.

ANY HELP IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

Thanks, Joe
                    jwyland75@comcast.net

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by jwyland.
                    need2fish
                    Participant

It’s a long shot, but you might find Dan Tannehill has some or knows where some parts are (http://www.pfs-ware.com/Restoration_Corner/Tannehill_Martin.htm) — He took over from Dick Gorz. I haven’t heard from either of them in quite some time.

need2fish
                      Participant

Dick’s phone # is 231-689-6228.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.