Home Forum Ask A Member Clinton K200 1106A

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Michael Purpura
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I am still at it with this Clinton engine – replaced ignition coil, points, condenser, gapped points and plug. Still no spark. Not sure what to do to get spark

Rebuilt Walbro carburetor

Cleaned lower unit. What lube goes in the gear case and how much is enough? 90 wt gear oil? or grease? and what type of grease? Found a reference in a Clinton 505 manual to a 951-247 grease. But I am unable to cross reference that to a current product.

Found an impeller at BoatSportandTackle.com. Found oil seals at McMaster Carr .475″ I.D. x .875″ O.D. x .250″ h propeller shaft seal

If I cannot get this thing going I will have a really nice floor lamp when I am finished.

frankr
      Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Lubriplate 105 “Motor Assembly Grease”, comes in a handy squeeze tube. NAPA Auto Parts.

Michael Purpura
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thank you Frank. Can you tell me if I pack the entire gear case full of lubriplate 105?

frankr
          Participant

Can’t say I remember the fill plug arrangement on the Clinton, but the usual procedure is to squeeze it into the fill plug till it comes out the vent plug. So, that’s full or nearly so. Some air space for expansion is ok.

Michael Purpura
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks Frank. I have the gear case opened up. I guess I will just fill it with LubriPlate 105

I got a spark!

frankr
              Participant

That’ll work

GARY STEFFENEY
                Participant

I agree with frankr I use lubrepale on all my non shifting motors,,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.