Home Forum Ask A Member Clinton K200 7106A 2 HP single cyl

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael Purpura
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Gentlemen,
      I appreciate all of the help on my previous questions. I have replaced the coil, condenser. Points look good. I spin the flywheel and no spark. Any thoughts on how I can get a spark or what to check for? I do not know what type of plug I should use in this engine.

Does anyone know of a manual for this engine? I am replacing the impeller, gears look great, I rebuilt the carb but do not know the carb settings. I sure hope I can this thing to run. Appreciate your help. Thank you in advance.

retiredoz
      Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

The book calls for CJ8 or equivalent plug. Make sure your points are clean and properly gapped (.020). Move throttle off dead idle. If still nothing, check the plug wire for continuity and make sure the connector is actually connected ?

Which carburetor do you have, the Tecumseh one with the big round bowl and an adjustment needle poking up from the center of the bowl ? If that’s the one you have, set idle screw open two turns and the high-speed 1 1/2 turns open and go from there. After you solve your spark problem.

frankr
        Participant

Those things do not have a big 5/16″ spark like normally expected. Look for a 1/8″ spark and be happy if you find it. Otherwise, clean the points.

Michael Purpura
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thank you I will try that- I have the carb with the big bowl and idle screw in center

Michael Purpura
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I will try cleaning the points and see what happens

retiredoz
              Participant

The screw in the bowl of that carb is not the idle, it’s the high-speed…The idle screw is on top, back around the base of the carb (?).

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by retiredoz.
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.