Home Forum Ask A Member cork carb floats

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ggoldy
    Participant

I know there’s an article somewhere about making replacement floats for an Elto Ace. I’m afraid I’ve doped mine for the last time and I can’t find the link. Would someone point me in the right direction?

mr-asa
      Participant

I don’t have the article, but if you’re going to the Suwanee meet and you let me know what size cork you need I’ll paw through mine and grab one that will fit.

ggoldy
        Participant

I won’t be at the meet and I never thought of measuring the float LOL

Thanks anyway,
          Gary

mr-asa
          Participant

No problem. If you find anyone from your neck of the woods heading there I can still bring some corks

Goman
            Participant

Here’s some info I saved from the previous site. Don’t know if it will help you or not.

A good grocery store usually has cork bottle stoppers. A small size is easily trimmed to fit with a 9/64" gap between it and the valve. I use a touch of 3M Scotch-Weld 847 adhesive to keep it in place. The float level should be set so the fuel is 13/16" down from the rim of the float bowl when held level. Valve spring pressure should be 3 ounces. (Carefully lowered on to a postal scale) Sierra carries a mercury float that can be trimmed to fit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.