Home Forum Ask A Member Crazy German Classic look for some help

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hey Classic friends,

my name is Yvonne Koenig and i am a racer in the third generation. I am here to help my dad out with his classic stuff. He is a big collector.
      I hope u guys can may help. He is looking for a crankshaft for his POLR engine. If you need some more informations like serial number or something else please let me know.
      And he is also looking for a Evinrude 4-60.
      He has a lot of europe engine stuff. So if anybody of you looking for something like that please let me know … and i will let him know 😉
      Hope there is someone who can help, that i can stop asking erveryone of my american friends for that crankshaft 🙂

Take care of you and regards from germany

Yvonne Koenig

kees
      Participant

International Member - 2 Years

What’s wrong with your crankshaft ?
        or is it the only missing part you need to finish a restoration ?
        anyway …..this is probable easy to find somewhere, I will keep my eyes open
        the 4-60 is a different story, rare as hell, and when someone has one it is not for sale, 😯 I guess ( or for top $ )

Kees ( the Netherlands )
        😉

chris-p
        Participant

I have also wanted a 460 as well, but hard to find in my area. (Canada)

The crank I may be able to help with, Ill look. What motors would this crank cross with? Anyone?

mike-stroz
          Participant

When in doubt, Doug Penn! I’m sure he’d have some of those lying around. His website is penn.itgo.com. Not sure how expensive the shipping would be though.

Anonymous

Thank you for your help. Well my Dad said that the crank is trash. He want to run that engine on his Jacobi boat from 1933. 🙂
              Sad to hear that isnt easy to get the 460.
              i wish you a merry christmas 🙂

r-c
              Participant

Lifetime Member

Hey there Racer Girl!
                The POLR uses the same crank as a regular PO. Fairly easy to get and I’m sure I have an extra.
                Does he need an entire 4-60 or just the crank? If it is a crank, are you sure it is a true 4-60? Because the P-500 pump is different. The Storm Boat and Big Four are the same but different again from a pump or 4-60. The later ones are a little easier to find.
                What is wrong with the crank? As sometimes we just have it ground down on the pins and use oversize rollers. The other option is to have the journals welded and re-ground. Had not have to do this in years but had a good place in California who did that work if still in business.
                A possible solution too is to use a pump or Big Four crank with their center main. But they don’t have the point cam ground on the crank, it was on the flywheel. So no easy fix but fixable in one way or another.
                R. C. Hawie – 500R forever!

76-j
                Participant

😆 😆 😆

kees
                  Participant

International Member - 2 Years
                    quote 76-J:

a complete POLR can be acquired here-

http://cnj.craigslist.org/boa/5307984330.html

sorry to say, but……. 😯
                    are you really serious ??
                    buying an outboard in New Jersey USA, payment, allowing shipping to Germany, charges, customs facilities, tax. risk and maybe more issues and that
                    only for a crankshaft that someone needs to replace
                    this is clearly a response of no use.
                    sorry again !

if she has a need for a complete one, than there are sure leftovers to be found in France and that is
                    much closer to home

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.