Home Forum Ask A Member Did I Pay Too Much?

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    theodore
    Participant

Can anyone divulge the secret to getting a nice silvery carb like that, other than paint?

Mumbles
      Participant
        quote Steve D:

Great job as always Mumbles! What brand and color paint did you use? Also, do you use a little Dawn in the drum?

The semi-gloss Ivory and satin Canyon Black are Rust Oleum from Home Depot while the builders cast aluminum comes from my auto supply. A good squirt of Palmolive dish soap from the dollar store helps to emulsify any unburned oil left in the water.

seakaye12
        Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
          quote Theodore:

Can anyone divulge the secret to getting a nice silvery carb like that, other than paint?

Even the brass needle looks perfect! 100% PERFECT!. Mine always have plier gouges on them….

Donald Heil
          Participant

Just curious Mumbles. Where do find all these bargain motors at ? That’s something I am looking forward to doing, like 5-10 h.p. range. The older Seahorses and E/rude models. Local bargain motors here in Lehigh Valley, Pa. are almost non-existant. Even Craigslist are over $100.Junkyards maybe, just a thought. Rebuilding a CD-15 from dead along with the 2-line tank and an ’83 E/rude 4.5 carb gave me the itch. Nice video of the ’58 CD-15 on your page. So, thanks for reading this.

Donald

reivertom
            Participant

You paid WAY too much…I will gladly let you cut your losses and give you your money back for the scrap heap reject.

1946zephyr
              Participant

Those little 6’s are one of the best small hp motors ever. Excellent deal! 🙂

george-cantabene
                Participant

I think that the 6HP OMC motors were some of the sweetest outboards ever made. Put lots of them on grandpa’s rental boats in the day. Not much difference between them & the 9.5s. Nice find!

George

1946zephyr
                  Participant

And its also a next generation 5.5 too

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.