Home Forum Ask A Member DIY Chrome

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BayouBengal
    Participant

Anyone have any experiences, opinion, suggestions, etc. regarding some of the various DIY Chrome Plating Kits. Is it worth the savings to do it yourselt? Is the quality acceptable?

There’s a lot more of them out there, but here’s links to a couple of the more prevalent that come up in searches are caswellplating.com and alsacorp.com.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by BayouBengal.
      bobw
      Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Bayou Bengal – I recall you were restoring a ’56 Johnson Javelin, so I’m assuming you were thinking about replating your chrome cowl trim.

If not a DIY project that he did himself, any members out there have a suggestion or recommendations on chrome plating shops he could send his pieces out to? Or is there maybe a club member out there who does chrome plating that could help him out with this project?

Bob

1937 Champion D2C Deluxe Lite Twin
        1954 Johnson CD-11
        1957 Evinrude Fastwin 18
        1958 Johnson QD-19
        1958 Johnson FD-12
        1959 Johnson QD-20

“Every 20 minute job is only a broken bolt away from a 3-day project.”
        "Every time you remove a broken or seized bolt an angel gets his wings."

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by bobw.
        BayouBengal
        Participant

Thanks Bob, I’ve done a little more looking into the various systems and if I do take this route, at present, Pchome.com is the leading candidate for my business.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.