Home Forum Ask A Member Double hose conversion

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    GLEN DEUTSCH
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

I am going to convert a 1957 10ho Johnson to single hose. In the past, I have simply plugged the air pressure barb that pressurizes the tank and put in a fuel pump. I see that several contributers are getting into the valves on the reed plate and blocking one of them. Is there any advantage over the simpler way?

Glen

frankr
      Participant

That old wives story got started with the 5.5hp motors that had no bypass covers. I guess it’s ok on a 5.5, but seems dumb to me on other models. My opinion.

crosbyman
        Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

I tried various methods….Pump over an aluminum plate ran great and simple to install and you save the vacum pulse hose issue … just plug off the barb behind the carb

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

GLEN DEUTSCH
          Participant

Thanks all,
            I just finished converting a Johnson 1957 18hp to single line. Simply plugged the pressure barb on the crankcase and installed a fuel pump. Ran it wot and it never skipped a beat. Came into my boatlift and almost ran into it because it would not shut off at minimum throttle. Had to pull the choke to get it to stop. I’m convinced.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.