Dual hull feathercraft info needed

Home Forum Ask A Member Dual hull feathercraft info needed

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)

• oldlure

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 161
    Topics: 18

Riverboat
    here is the link to the thread on feathercraft.net

https://www.feathercraft.net/forum/19-f … n?start=10

oldlure

Replies: 161

and a new thread started today

https://www.feathercraft.net/forum/25-w … re-project

rickg

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 14
    Topics: 1

The ‘Riverboat’ model appears in the early ’60s Feather Craft catalogs. While not exactly the same hull form, it looks quite a bit like a Hickman Sea Sled. Not a special government project, but sold as a regular boat. Probably not lots of them made though.

The military ‘boat’ you’re thinking of is probably this:

They weren’t intended to be used primarily as boats, but two of them could be attached together to form a pontoon for a floating bridge. More info and pics here, and some even better pics in the threads Mike linked above.

I’d love to find a Riverboat in restore-able shape.

elsimpso

Replies: 1
    Topics: 0

If you want to know more about this boat, please check out my thread at:

https://www.feathercraft.net/forum/25-www-feathercraft-net-general-info/27938-1963-riverboat-restore-project#85789

I’ve done a ton of research on this boat, and there’s really very little information. I can tell you that it was manufactured for about 3 years, came in aluminum or anodized color, and came in a few different configurations internally. It was designed to handle up to a 40HP engine, and could theoretically seat 6. Mine was originally anodized blue, and had a console for remote steering (long gone by the time I got it). I am attempting to restore mine with modern components rather than a true original restoration simply because there is no information or parts available.

You might not notice it right off, but it is a super shallow draft, so much so that when I’ve placed my new seats in it, you are literally sitting on the edge of the gunwale. I may add a small aluminum railing to keep the kids from falling out of the boat! If you’re looking to restore one, I think it is a worthy project. Most likely you’ll end up with the 2nd restored Riverboat in the world….:)

vintin

Replies: 580
    Topics: 19

Elsimpso!

I’m over at the FeatherCraft.net site, too.

Johnny and I are both AOMCI members. I’ve been walking him through how to use the board here.

Lots of benefits!

johnny

Replies: 83

Elsimpso

I am also at the Feather Craft site to.

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.