Home Forum Ask A Member Early 20's Elto rudder twin

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    muddog2
    Participant

I restored a Johnson AB-25 this year and got it running thanks to you all here. I guess now that I have finished it I am wanting to do another. A friend of mine has a really nice Elto Rudder Twin that he has gone over. It has good compression and I am thinking I, now that I am hooked, I would love to acquire this motor and do the same. He has taken it completely down, pulled pistons and cleaned the engine. I am wondering what the value might be. He is asking $400 for it. I have pictures on my phone, but can’t download to computer because they are on I cloud. I can text pictures if anyone wants to see the engine. There is a stand included in the deal.
      Thanks for any help, Robert Clark

chris-p
      Participant

I guess depends on what really nice condition is.

If the chrome does not need re chroming could very well be worth that, especially with a nice factory stand!

I attached a pic of one I did last year. I started with very poor chrome and metal, so had to put a lot of hours into it! If I were to do another Ruddertwin, I would pay more for a better example to start with.

muddog2
        Participant

What hp is the Rudder Twin?

muddog2
          Participant

The stand is a really nicely made wooden stand. Did they make wood stands?

chris-p
            Participant

No they would not have made wood factory stands. It will be home made then.

The model I pictured is a J Model 4hp.

mercuryman
              Participant

Rudder Twin just sold on Ebay $600 + $146 shipping And it looked bad.

muddog2
                Participant

Thanks, Robert

squierka39
                  Participant

US Member

Wood stands, would need a picture but yes the factory did make wood stands and sold them in the accessory catalogs. I have only seen the pictures in the old catalogs so far.

The Boat House
                    Participant

wbeaton
                      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

I agree with Tubs. $400 is too much for a basket case. If the important bits are in good condition then I would pay a little more for it. Lots of Ruddertwins at Constantine with price tags from $75-200. I paid $200 for a running Ruddertwin at Suter’s meet last month.

81D487BD-CD8E-4474-AD78-60F230195756

Wayne
                        Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 38 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.