Home Forum Ask A Member Early 20's Elto rudder twin

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    muddog2
    Participant

Can someone email me. I can’t download pictures on my computer from my phone.. I can send them to someone to post for me. antiquelureman@att.net
      Robert Clark

RICHARD A. WHITE
      Participant

Lifetime Member

I agree with Tubs. $400 is too much for a basket case. If the important bits are in good condition then I would pay a little more for it. Lots of Ruddertwins at Constantine with price tags from $75-200. I paid $200 for a running Ruddertwin at Suter’s meet last month.

81D487BD-CD8E-4474-AD78-60F230195756

That motor looks suspiciously familiar, and that shop floor as well….lol

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
        classicomctools@gmail.com

wbeaton
        Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

I bet it does, Richard. Looking forward to seeing what you are liquidating next.

Wayne
          Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

RICHARD A. WHITE
          Participant

Lifetime Member

Well, I have an OA60, complete..KE7, missing lower cowl…..but those are not odd enough for you…

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
            classicomctools@gmail.com

muddog2
            Participant

I can’t for the life of me understand why some call this motor a basket case. You have not seen any pictures. The guy took the motor apart, pistons and rings. Cleaned it and put it back together. That is what I meant by gone over. It doesn’t appear that any parts are missing. It is shines. I don’t know if it has any spark, and he did not check. I can send someone pictures to post from my phone via emal to post. 803-542-4998. I can’t download pictures from my phone because of I Cloud.
              Robert

squierka39
              Participant

US Member

Why people are calling it a basket case, I think it’s just a misunderstanding. In your description of the motor the last thing you said is he took it apart and cleaned it. So, it sounded like it’s a bunch of parts, aka basket case. Sounds like a nice motor. I can’t help with a price because mine was free. They range.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by squierka39.
                wbeaton
                Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

By your description it sounded like the motor was apart and in pieces. Any motor that is delivered in a “basket” is a basket case. Obviously it was a misunderstanding.

Wayne
                  Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

muddog2
                  Participant

Sorry for the misunderstanding. would still like to have someone post a picture for me.
                    Robert

stanley
                    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I’m guessing that where you live a motor like that doesn’t turn up very often.Here in WV motors of that vintage in any condition are very rare.If you want it buy it.Buy the time you travel to someplace to pick one up or have one shipped you’ll have at least added at least $100 to the price of a cheaper one.This one you’ve seen in person and know the seller,also worth dollars. The picture below is from my ICloud acct.I posted it just to see if it could be done.Try posting by copying and pasting the image.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by stanley.
                      The Boat House
                      Participant

I have sent you an email.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 38 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.